Fall has arrived, and autumn's first weekend offers a lot of Salt Lake City fun to choose from:
- Apples and pumpkins have arrived at Salt Lake area farmers markets, and most offer prepared food and entertainment along with the produce. It's the last weekend of the season for the Park Silly Sunday market in Park City.
- The 3-0 University of Utah Utes take on the San Jose State Spartans Saturday at 6 p.m. at Rice-Eccles Stadium. At the same time, the 1-2 BYU Cougars will face the red-hot Nevada Wolfpack at LaVell Edwards Stadium in Provo.
- Real Salt Lake is coming off a big win in Panama over Arabe Unido in the CONCACAF Championship, and they return to MLS play versus the Colorado Rapids Saturday at 8 p.m. at Rio Tinto Stadium.
- The circus is in town - Ringling Brothers & Barnum & Bailey Circus presents "Barnum's Funundrum" now through Sunday at EnergySolutions Arena.
- Who doesn't love free stuff? Saturday is Utah Free Museum Day, with free admission to more than 30 Utah museums. Participating museums include the Utah Museum of Natural History and the Utah Museum of Fine Arts as well as several other Salt Lake area museums. Clark Planetarium, where admission is always free, is offering $1 admission to dome theatre shows before 8 p.m.
Photo by Picturegarden