We're looking at another wet weekend, so try to stay warm and dry, SLC! Here are some top picks for Salt Lake Valley events this weekend:
- The Utah Grizzlies host the Victoria Salmon Kings in the ECHL Western Conference semifinals best of seven series starting Friday, April 15 and Saturday, April 16 at the Maverik Center at 7:05 p.m. Tickets available starting at $14.25.
- The Salt Lake City Marathon takes place this Saturday, April 16 and includes a marathon, half marathon, bike tour, 5K and kids' marathon. The main event begins at 7 a.m. at the Olympic Legacy Bridge at the University of Utah. Registration for the event is closed.
- Food lovers should check out award-winning Bambara chef Nathan Powers' "Discover, Gather, Cook" demonstration and luncheon Saturday, April 16 from 1-4 p.m. In honor of spring, Powers will demonstrate techniques for preparing local organic vegetables. Reservations required, $55 per person.
- Theater fans can check out The Hasty Heart at Hale Centre Theatre, opening Saturday, April 16 and continuing through May 28, or Circle Mirror Transformation, which opened Wednesday, April 13 at the Salt Lake Acting Company and continues through May 8.
- Get an early start on Easter with Midvale City's Easter egg hunt, one of several Salt Lake Area Easter events taking place this weekend. The Midvale egg hunt starts Saturday at 9 a.m. at 8446 S. Harrison St. (300 West).
Photo courtesy Utah Grizzlies