There's tons of free summer fun to be had in SLC this week. It's a good thing, too, because I'm broke from getting the kids ready to go back to school!
- The Sandy Hot Air Balloon Festival is this Friday and Saturday, Aug. 10 and 11, with sunrise balloon launches and an evening balloon glow event.
- The Salt Lake County Fair finishes up this weekend, and admission is free!
- Each stage of the Tour of Utah, which began Aug. 7 and continues through Sunday, includes free community events like Autograph Alley, the Pedal Power Festival and more. The Tour of Utah attracts top cycling competitors from around the world, including veterans of the Tour de France and Olympic Games.
- The free summer concerts at Utah's ski resorts come with the bonus of cooler temperatures. The Snowbird Cool Air Concert Series wraps up Saturday with Natural Roots, and Truth & Salvage Co. perform Saturday at The Canyons. Colin Robison's Honest Soul will put on a free concert Wednesday, Aug. 15 at Deer Valley.
- Free concerts and recitals take place every day on Salt Lake's Temple Square, including organ recitals, local performers, outdoor concerts in the park, and Music and the Spoken Word with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.
Photo by Joe Sohm, Visions of America