It's free to look at Gardner Village's bigger-than-life-size witches, and kids 12 and younger can complete a witch scavenger hunt and receive a chocolate chip cookie at Neighborhood Bakery for only 35 cents.
Creep Factor: Mild, though the life-size witches are scary for sensitive children.
1100 E. 7800 S., West Jordan
Displays and events October 1, 2013 through Halloween
Special October hours 10 a.m.-8 p.m. Mon.-Thur., 10 a.m.- 9 p.m. Fri.-Sat. Closed Sundays. Closes 5 p.m. Oct. 31.
Community Halloween Parties
Check out these hometown Halloween events in Draper, Herriman, Midvale, Riverton and South Jordan:
Creep Factor: Mild
- Midvale Halloween Carnival at Copperview Rec Center: Satuday, Oct. 12, 12-2 p.m., 8446 South Harrison Street (300 West), 385-468-1515
- Herriman City Pumpkin Festival: Saturday, Oct. 12, 5-7 p.m., Butterfield Park, 6212 W. Butterfield Park Way (14200 S.), 801-446-5323
- Draper Halloween Haunt: Monday, Oct. 21, 9 a.m.-10 p.m. Draper Historic Park, 12625 S. 900 E.
- Cottonwood Heights Monster Mash on Ice: Monday, Oct. 28, 4-6 p.m., Cottonwood Heights Rec Center, 7500 S. 2700 E., 801-943-3190
- South Salt Lake Halloween Spooktacular: Friday, Oct. 25, 6-9 p.m. , 2531 S. 400 E., 801-412-3217
- Riverton Halloween Bash and Kids Carnival: Monday, Oct. 28, 6-8 p.m., 12830 S. Redwood Rd., 801-254-0704
- West Valley Day of the Dead Altar Display: Oct. 28-Nov. 7, Utah Cultural Celebration Center, 1355 W. 3100 S., 801-955-5100
- Bluffdale City Trunk or Treat: Thursday, Oct. 31, 6:30-8 p.m., Bluffdale City Park - 14350 South 2200 West, 801-254-2200
Grab a pumpkin and start painting! Utah Foster Care invites the whole family to decorate a jack-o-lantern and find out how you can help Utah’s children in foster care. Joining Utah Foster Care at the Gateway Shopping Center will be Salt Lake City firefighters and Utah Educational Savings Plan (UESP) representatives.
Friday, Oct. 18, 11:30-2:30 p.m. (while supplies last)
The Gateway Shopping Center (near fountains)
In case of rain, the festival will take place in the Union Pacific Depot Grand Hall
For all the Ghouls and Boys! The Monster Block Party is a FREE, daytime Halloween festival for Salt Lake City's goblins and ghouls of all ages. There will be trick-or-treating booths, a costume contest with prizes (Kid, Teen and Adult divisions), free arts and crafts projects, a pumpkin drop, live performances and more!
Creep Factor: Mild
Saturday, October 26, 2013, 11 a.m.–3 p.m.
239 South Main Street, Salt Lake City
The Utah Olympic Oval presents the 2nd Annual Trick-or-Treat Street, a free event for the whole family!
Wednesday, October 30, 2013, 5:30-9 p.m.
- Face Painting
- Costume Parade
- Bounce Houses
- Family Photo Booth
- Spooky 1K Fun Run
- Public Skating (Regular pricing applies to public skate: Adults $4, Kids/Seniors $3 with $2.50 Skate Rental)
5662 S. Cougar Lane (4800 W.)