Salt Lake City will celebrate Independence Day in a big way with festivities throughout the Salt Lake area. Here's a list of more than 20 SLC 4th of July events.
The Utah Symphony takes patriotic music on the road with outdoor concerts in late June and early July.
- Patriotic Celebration Sundance Resort: Friday, June 28, 2013, 8 p.m., tickets $18
- 1812 Overture at the Deer Valley Music Festival: Saturday, June 29, 2013, 7:30 p.m., tickets $45-65
- Utah Symphony at the Waterfall, Thanksgiving Point (followed by fireworks): Wednesday, July 3, 2013, 8 p.m., tickets $10-$25
Are you ready to start your Independence Day one day early? If so, then head to Canyons Resort's July 3rd celebration with live music by The Soulistics, followed by a huge fireworks display. The concert will start at 7:30 p.m. in the Resort Village with the fireworks at 9:30 p.m.
The South Salt Lake Freedom Fest includes fireworks, a community festival and a parade.
- Festival and fireworks July 3, 6-11 p.m. at the former Granite High School, 3305 S. 500 E.
- 5K Fun Run July 4, 8 a.m. at Fitts Community Park
- Parade July 4, 9:30 a.m., route goes from 2280 S. 300 E. to Fitts Community Park
Enjoy an old-fashioned Western 4th of July in the charming small town of Oakley, about 35 miles east of Salt Lake City in Summit County. Oakley has only 1,000 residents, but the grounds for its popular rodeo seat 6,000.
Sandy's huge July 4th celebration will feature a flag raising ceremony, parade, 5K, police and fire demonstrations, community fair with vendor booths, rides and kids' activities, free concerts and a fireworks show. The parade begins at 6 p.m.
Most events at South Towne Promenade between Sandy City Hall and the South Towne Center at 10000 S. and 175 W.