Labor Day weekend marks the traditional end of summer and a last chance to enjoy summertime fun. Make the most of your holiday with these great Salt Lake City area Labor Day weekend activities.
Beautiful summer weather continues into September in SLC, and so do outdoor summer concerts. Concerts for Labor Day weekend include the following:
- Aug. 28 and 29: Bonnie Raitt with Mavis Staples at Red Butte Gardens
- Aug. 29: Josh & Friends at Deer Valley (free)
- August 30: Common with Aloe Blacc at Pioneer Park
- Aug. 31: Bruce Hornsby at the Sandy Amphitheater
- Sept. 1: Sugarland at USANA Amphitheater, Piano Guys at Thanksgiving Point, Wood Brothers at Canyons Resort (free)
- Sept. 2: Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue at Red Butte Gardens, SLC Jazz Festival at the Gallivan Center
- Sept. 3: Labor Day Music Festival at the Gallivan Center
Salt Lake Bees
The Rose Exposed offers a sampling of Salt Lake City's diverse performing arts options at the Rose Wagner Performing Arts Center. Gina Bachauer International Piano Foundation, Plan B Theatre Company, Pygmalion Theatre Company, Repertory Dance Theatre, Ririe-Woodbury Dance Company, and SB Dance will present free classes, activities and performances all day Sept. 1, followed by a variety show that evening with performances from all six groups.
Saturday, Sept. 1, 2012, beginning at 9 a.m.
138 W. 100 S.
801-355-2787 or 888-451-2787
Daytime events are free, but a ticket is required. Evening shows are $10.