Labor Day weekend marks the traditional end of summer and a last chance to enjoy summertime fun. Make the most of your holiday with these great Salt Lake City area Labor Day weekend activities.
Beautiful summer weather continues into September in SLC, and so do outdoor summer concerts. Concerts for Labor Day weekend include the following:
- Aug. 28: The Head and The Heart at Twilight Concert Series
- Aug. 29: Earth, Wind, and Fire at Red Butte Gardens
- Aug. 30: Cross Strung at Homstead Resort (free)
- Aug. 30: Keith Urban at USANA Amphitheater
- Aug. 30: Vince Gill with The Time Jumpers at Deer Valley Resort
- Aug. 30: The Slide Brothers at Canyons Resort
Utah Utes Football
The Utes face a tough Pac-12 season in 2014. They begin their season Aug. 28 with a home game against Idaho State.
University of Utah Utes vs. Idaho State
Thursday, Aug. 28, 2014, 5:30 p.m.
TV: Pac-12 Network
Radio: ESPN 700
Oktoberfest at Snowbird features music, dancing and traditional German cuisine. Enjoy a bratwurst and sauerkraut, apfelstrudel and more. Kids young and old can enjoy face painting, a caricature artist, inflatable rides, yo-yo demonstrations, clowns, music, balloons and other activities.
Saturday and Sundays, Aug. 16-Oct. 12, 2014
Say aloha to summer with great food, leis, tiki torches, and live entertainment at the annual Labor Day Luau. The luau features dancing from various cultures of Polynesia including Fiji, Samoa, Tonga, New Zealand, Hawaii, and Tahiti, plus the ever-popular fire dancers.
Monday, Sept. 1, 2014, 6-8:45 p.m.
Bring a blanket or low chair for seating