Music and dance performances this month at Kingsbury Hall:
- The Dinosaur Musical is a madcap, jazzy prehistoric musical comedy. Nov. 8-10, matinee and evening shows. Tickets $10 for adults, $5 for children 18 and under.
- WorlDance: In the Gardens of Love presents the music of Turkey with acclaimed local and international dancers. Thursday, Nov. 15, 7 p.m. Tickets $10, students and seniors $5.
- Trey McIntyre is one of the most sought after choreographers working today. Though he has choreographed for many prestigious ballet companies in the world, today he focuses mostly on his own company. Tuesday, Nov. 27, 7:30 p.m. Tickets $19.50-$29.50, students $5-$10.
1395 E. Presidents Circle at the University of Utah
NHMU launches new family programming this month:
- Bug Brigade - every second and fourth Saturday, 2-4 p.m.
- Utah's Animals - every first and third Saturday, 2-3 p.m.
- Chickadee Society Preschool Story Time - last Thursday of every month, 10:30-11 a.m.
- Late Night Wednesdays - open until 9 p.m. every Wednesday.
- Family Sleepovers (New): Spend an unforgettable night with your family at the Natural History Museum of Utah! November 9-10, 2012, Jan. 25-26, 2013, March 8-9, 2013, 6:30 p.m.-8:30 a.m. $50 per person.
- Family Workshops (New): At NHMU Family Workshops, adults and children discover, collaborate, and create together. Scientific Illustration Nov. 10 and Split-Twig Figurines Dec. 8, at 10 a.m. $22 per person.
Rio Tinto Center
301 Wakara Way
Regular admission $8-$11
Actress, author and mental health advocate Carrie Fisher is the second recipient of the Peek Award which annually honors the legacy of Salt Lake City native Kim Peek who served as the inspiration for the Academy Award-winning film Rain Man.
Friday, Nov. 9, 2012, 7:30 p.m.
Rose Wagner Performing Arts Center
138 West 300 South
801-355-ARTS (2787), 1-888-451-ARTS (2787)
Movie lovers can find a huge variety of free film screenings in Salt Lake City, including major Hollywood productions, experimental films, classics, kids' movies, documentaries and more. This month's highlights include Kid Flix Mix Nov. 3 at the Utah Film Center, and UMNH Science Movie Night Never Cry Wolf Nov. 13 at the Salt Lake City Library.
Wiseguys comedy clubs at Trolley Square, West Valley City and Ogden bring live comedy to Utah audiences including national touring acts, local favorites, open mic nights, clean comedy nights and more. Shows Tuesday through Saturday. This month's special events include Norm MacDonald, Jenna Kim Jones and Tom Clark.
Wiseguys Trolley Square
505 S. 600 E.
Wiseguys West Valley
2194 W. 3500 S.
269 Historic 25th Street in Ogden
Here's the October lineup for The State Room, one of SLC's favorite small music venues.
- Poor Moon - Friday, Nov. 2
- The Mother Hips - Saturday, Nov. 3
- Haunted Windchimes/Brenn Hill, Monday, Nov. 5
- The Infamous Stringdusters, Thursday, Nov. 8
- Toots & The Maytals - Wednesday, Nov. 14
- Ben Sollee - Thursday, Nov. 15
- Sean Hayes - Friday, Nov. 16
- The Coup - Wednesday, Nov. 21
- Rachael Yamagata - Friday, Nov. 23
- Jonathan Coulton - Tuesday, Nov. 27
The Depot, a live music venue in the historic Union Pacific building at The Gateway, hosts eight shows this month:
- Toadies and Helmet - Saturday, Nov. 3
- Minus the Bear - Tuesday, Nov. 6
- Martin Sexton - Wednesday, Nov. 7
- X-Dance Action Sports Film Festival - Thursday-Sunday, Nov. 8-11
- The English Beat - Friday, Nov. 16
- The Devil Makes Three - Saturday, Nov. 17
- Royal Bliss - Wednesday, Nov. 21
- R3HAB - Saturday, Nov. 24
400 W. South Temple
Vocal Point in Concert at Thanksgiving Point
Collegiate A Capella champions Vocal Point of Brigham Young University bring their high-energy performance style to Thanksgiving Point's Show Barn Nov. 10.
Saturday, Nov. 10, 8 p.m.
3003 N. Thanksgiving Way
Tickets $10 in advance, $12 day of show
Based on the bizarre and beloved family of characters created by legendary cartoonist Charles Addams, The Addams Family makes its Salt Lake City premiere as a part of the Broadway Across America Utah 2012-2013 season.
November 13-18, 2012, matinee and evening performances
50 West 200 South
801-355-ARTS (2787), 1-888-451-ARTS (2787)
The Grizzlies have four home games in November:
- Utah Grizzlies vs. Stockton Thunder - Monday, Nov. 12, 7:05 p.m.
- Utah Grizzlies vs. Alaska Aces - Friday and Saturday, Nov. 23-24, 7:05 p.m.
- Utah Grizzlies vs. San Francisco Bulls - Friday, Nov. 30, 7:05 p.m.
3200 South Decker Lake Drive (2200 W.)
Tickets $10-$33; see website for promotions