The holiday season gets going in November, with Thanksgiving, Black Friday and the kickoff to Christmas. There are also plenty of music, sports and performing arts events to keep Salt Lakers busy and entertained the whole month long.
This exhibition brings to life the genius of Leonardo as an inventor, artist, scientist, anatomist, engineer, architect, sculptor and philosopher. Italian Artisans have faithfully crafted interactive and life-size machine inventions. These works include the first concepts of a car, bicycle, helicopter, glider, parachute, SCUBA, submarine, military tank and ideal city to name a few. In addition, the exhibit features facsimiles of Leonardo’s most famous codices, anatomical studies, battle drawings and Renaissance art.
209 E. 500 S.
Sept. 28, 2012-Jan. 27, 2013
Heber's annual Cowboy Poetry Gathering and Buckaroo Fair includes ten main headliner shows, jam sessions, workshops, PRC bull riding, a buckaroo dance, cowboy church and more. Featured performers include Waddie Mitchell, R.J. Wranglers, Suzy Bogguss and more.
Oct. 31-Nov. 4, at venues throughout Heber City, Utah
What if Vanna White went to Oz and became even more wicked than the Wicked Witch of the West? That’s the premise behind Wicked-er: It’s Not Easy Being Green at Desert Star Playhouse.
Desert Star is a dinner theater with pizza, hamburgers, wraps, desserts and more served at tableside seating. Appropriate for all ages.
Aug. 30-Nov. 10, 2012, except Tuesdays and Sundays
4861 S. State St.
The Maverik Center presents three special events this month:
- Cirque du Soleil Quidam - Thursday-Sunday, Nov. 1-4, matinee and evening shows, Tickets $33-$100
- Monster Spectacular - Friday-Saturday Nov. 9-10, 6:30 p.m., matinee and evening shows, Tickets $10-$45
- Eric Church - Saturday, Nov. 17, 7:30 p.m. Tickets $37.50-$47.50
RSL faces the Seattle Sounders in the Western Conference semi-final round of the MLS Cup Playoffs:
- Friday, Nov. 2, 8:30 p.m. @ Seattle Sounders (NBC Sports) T 0-0
- Thursday, Nov. 8, 7:30 p.m. vs. Seattle Sounders (NBC Sports) L 0-1
Rio Tinto Stadium
9256 S. State St. in Sandy
The Jazz have a full NBA schedule in November, with lots of new names on the roster:
All times MT. All games on ROOT Sports, with some games on other channels as listed. Radio for all games will be 1280 AM, 97.5 FM
- Friday, Nov. 2 @ New Orleans, 6 p.m.
- Saturday, Nov. 3 @ San Antonio, 6:30 p.m.
- Monday, Nov. 5 @ Memphis 6 p.m.
- Wednesday, Nov. 7 vs. L.A. Lakers 7 p.m.
- Friday, Nov. 9 @ Denver, 8:30 p.m. (ESPN)
- Saturday, Nov. 10 vs. Phoenix 7 p.m.
- Monday, Nov. 12 @ Toronto, 5 p.m. (NBATV)
- Wednesday, Nov. 14 @ Boston 5:30 p.m.
- Friday, Nov. 16 @ Philadelphia 5 p.m. (ESPN)
- Satuday, Nov. 17 @ Washington D.C., 5 p.m.
- Monday, Nov. 19 vs. Houston, 7 p.m.
- Friday, Nov. 23 vs. Sacramento, 7 p.m.
- Saturday, Nov. 24 @ Sacramento 8 p.m. (NBATV)
- Monday, Nov. 26 vs. Denver 7 p.m.
- Wednesday, Nov. 28 @ New Orleans 6 p.m.
- Friday, Nov. 30 @ Oklahoma City, 6 p.m.
301 W. South Temple
Tickets $10-$241, check website for promotions
The University of Utah Utes finish out the Pac-12 season in November, with four conference opponents in a row. Click on the link above for the Utes' full 2012 schedule, plus TV info and links to pregame and postgame press coverage.
- Saturday, Nov. 3: Utah Utes vs. Washington State Cougars
- Saturday, Nov. 10: Utah Utes @ Washington Huskies
- Saturday, Nov. 17: Utah Utes vs. Arizona Wildcats
- Friday, Nov. 23: Utah Utes @ Colorado Buffaloes
Mix it up this fall with SLCMixers, supper club-type evenings where you can meet new friends and taste local cuisine from SLC restaurant chefs and food makers. The gatherings are put together in the best of taste by local food blogger Becky Rosenthal, a.k.a. SLCFoodie.
- Sept. 14 - Indian Food from Tiffin Bus paired with Epic Beer
- Sept. 22 - The Story of Caputo's with Matt Caputo
- Sept. 30 - Taste of Burgundy with Jim Santangelo
- Oct. 14 - Red Wine and Fish with Jim Santangelo
- Oct. 20 - Taste of Talisker with Executive Chef Zeke
- Nov. 3 - Thanksgiving Desserts with Chef Hilary from Rue de Lis
- Nov. 10 - Thanksgiving with Piñon, Chef Victoria Topham
- Nov. 10 - High West Distillery, Beehive Cheese, Creminelli, La Barba, Uinta Brewing
- Nov. 17 - Thanksgiving Cocktails
- Dec. 1 - Christmas Cookies with Maria from Two Peas and Their Pod
Locations vary; see website for details
$25-$50 per person; season pass $200
Veterans Day is Friday, Nov. 11, 2011, or 11/11/11. Here's list of events honoring veterans in the Salt Lake area.
Launched in 2001, X-DANCE showcases the year’s top action sport films, followed by post-screening Q&A’s with filmmakers and athletes. X-DANCE also features open forum panels with athletes, filmmakers, industry figures and icons from the action sports world, plus special screenings, parties and awards. 2012 is the first year the festival will be held in November, just before the ski season.
Thursday, Nov. 8-Sunday, Nov. 11, 2012
Screenings and parties at The Depot
400 W. South Temple