The holiday season gets going in November, with Thanksgiving, Black Friday and the kickoff to Christmas. There are also plenty of music, sports and performing arts events to keep Salt Lakers busy and entertained the whole month long.
The Jazz have a full NBA schedule in November, with lots of new names on the roster:
Games are televised regionally on ROOT SPORTS (excluding some nationally televised games). ROOT SPORTS channels vary by provider - Comcast: SD - 52, HD - 693 DirecTV: SD - 684, HD - 684.1 DISH: channel varies, usually between 440-450 and 470-480 RADIO: 1280 AM KZNS/97.5 FM.
- Friday, Nov. 1, 8 p.m. @ Phoenix
- Saturday, Nov. 2, 7 p.m. vs Houston
- Tuesday, Nov. 5, 5:30 p.m. @ Brooklyn
- Wednesday, Nov. 6, 5:30 p.m. @ Boston
- Friday, Nov. 8, 6 p.m. @ Chicago
- Saturday, Nov. 9, 5 p.m. @ Toronto
- Monday, Nov. 11, 7 p.m. vs Denver (NBATV)
- Wednesday, Nov. 13, 7 p.m. vs New Orleans
- Friday, Nov. 15, 7 p.m. vs San Antonio
- Saturday, Nov. 16, 8:30 p.m. @ Golden State
- Monday, Nov. 18, 7 p.m. vs Golden State
- Wednesday, Nov. 20, 6 p.m. @ New Orleans
- Friday, Nov. 22, 6:30 p.m. @ Dallas
- Sunday, Nov. 24, 5 p.m. @ Oklahoma City
- Monday, Nov. 25, 7 p.m. vs Chicago (NBATV)
- Friday, Nov. 29, 7 p.m. vs Phoenix
- Saturday, Nov. 30, 7 p.m. @ Phoenix
301 W. South Temple
Tickets $8-$162, check website for promotions
The Depot, a live music venue in the historic Union Pacific building at The Gateway, hosts eight shows this month:
- Mat Zo - Friday, Nov. 1
- The Bob & Tom Comedy Show - Saturday, Nov. 2
- Govt't Mule - Monday, Nov. 4
- Cold War Kids - Wednesday, Nov. 6
- Discrete Clothing presents RJD2 - Friday, Nov. 15
- Into The Mind - Saturday, Nov. 16
- Groundation - Friday, Nov. 22
- Lupe Fiasco - Saturday, Nov. 23
400 W. South Temple
A spell was cast...the enchanted Scottish village of Brigadoon awakens for only one day every one hundred years...Tommy, a jaded American, happens upon it. Can love bloom in one day? Lerner and Loewe's mesmerizing story is filled with ageless music, exquisite costumes, sets and dance...Sheer Magic!
Oct. 9-Nov. 30, 2013
Mondays through Saturdays, 7:30 p.m.
Matinees Saturdays 12:30 and 4 p.m.
No performances Oct. 16, Nov. 27-28
Ticket prices: adult $26, child (5-11 years) $16
3333 South Decker Lake Drive, West Valley City
The Hinckley Institute of Politics presents Malcolm Gladwell as the inaugural Sam Rich Lecture. Gladwell has written four phenomenally-successful bestsellers that have changed the way we think about our world and, in the case of his first book, The Tipping Point, our very vernacular. Gladwell's address will cover his much-anticipated fifth book, David and Goliath: Underdogs, Misfits, and the Art of Battling Giants, which will be released on October 1.
Tuesday, Nov. 5, 2013, 8 p.m.
123 W South Temple
801-355-ARTS (2787), 1-888-451-ARTS (2787)
Embark on the ultimate sightseeing vacation with all your favorite Disney characters in Disney On Ice presents Passport to Adventure. Join Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy and Daisy on a journey to the magical worlds of Disney's The Lion King, The Little Mermaid, Peter Pan and Lilo & Stitch.
Nov. 6-10, 2013. Check website for times.
301 West South Temple
Music and dance performances this month at Kingsbury Hall:
- Ballet West presents 'The Firebird', the revival of Ballet West Founder Willam Christensen’s colorful and dramatic ballet, danced to Igor Stravinsky’s legendary score. Nov. 8-16, matinee and evening shows. Tickets $24-$74.
- Nine-time Grammy® winner John Legend makes his much anticipated return to Utah with his "Made to Love" tour at Kingsbury Hall. Friday, Nov. 22, 8 p.m. Tickets $46-$76.
1395 E. Presidents Circle at the University of Utah
So You Think You Can Dance, the eleven-time Primetime Emmy® Award winning show that sparked America’s fascination with dance, is set to captivate audiences again this fall live on tour. Celebrating its landmark 10th season, So You Think You Can Dance’s Top 10 finalists will make their way across North America.
Friday, Nov. 15, 2013, 8 p.m.
3200 South Decker Lake Drive(at 2200 West)
The University of Utah Utes finish out the Pac-12 season in November. Click on the link above for the Utes' full 2013 schedule, plus TV info and links to pregame and postgame press coverage.
- Saturday, Nov. 9: Utah Utes vs. Arizona State Sun Devils
- Saturday, Nov. 16: Utah Utes @ Oregon Ducks
- Saturday, Nov. 23: Utah Utes vs. Washington State Cougars
- Saturday, Nov. 30: Utah Utes @ Colorado Buffaloes
2013 is an exciting season for Brigham Young University, the Cougars are playing their third year as an independent football team, facing tough opponents such as the Texas Longhorns, the Boise State Broncos, and the Notre Dame Fighting Irish. The Cougars have three away games in November, but just one home game