Music adds magic to a cool summer evening. Browse the list to find dozens of summer concerts at outdoor venues in the Salt Lake City area.
Note: While we do our best to make sure all details are accurate, please call or visit the website to make sure times, dates, places and prices are correct.
The beautiful Red Butte Garden amphitheater hosts one of Salt Lake City's most popular summer concert series.
300 Wakara Way
Prices vary: $30-$75
- May 21: Vampire Weekend
- May 30: Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeroes
- May 29: Bon Iver with The Staves
- June 9: Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue, Big Head Todd & the Monsters
- June 10: Preservation Hall Jazz Band & Del McCoury Band
- June 16: Grace Potter & the Nocturnals
- June 19: Jackson Browne
- June 20: Tony Bennett
- June 24: Tedeschi Trucks Band
- June 25: She & Him
- July 5: Old Crow Medicine Show
- July 9: Pink Martini
- July 12: Rodrigo y Gabriela
- July 14: Brandi Carlile
- July 15: David Byrne & St. Vincent
- July 17: A Prairie Home Companion Radio Romance Tour
- July 23: Kenny Loggins
- July 30: Merle Haggard
- July 25: Dwight Yoakam
- Aug. 4: Medeski Martin & Wood, John Scofield's Überjam Band
- Aug. 7: Steve Miller Band
- Aug. 10: Steely Dan
- Aug. 14: John Butler Trio
- Aug. 18: Michael Franti & Spearhead
- Aug. 20: John Prine
- Aug. 27: George Thorogood & the Destroyers, Buddy Guy
- Aug. 29: Wayne Shorter 80th Birthday Celebration
- Sept. 15: The Black Crowes
- Sept. 16: Neko Case
- Sept. 17: Earth, Wind & Fire
The Gallivan Center hosts a variety of music acts and festivals in a newly remodeled 5000-seat venue. Ticket prices vary; some events free.
- May 30: Josh Wright (free)
- June 22: Mix 107.9 Summer Blastofff (lineup TBA)
- June 26: Rock N Ribs Festival (free admission)
- July 20: Folk & Bluegrass Festival (free)
- July 25: Community Concert TBA (free)
- July 27: Summer Jam (lineup TBA)
- Aug. 17: Beer Fest
- Aug. 24: Big A** Show
- Aug. 30: SLC Jazz Festival
- Sept. 26: Community Concert TBA (free)
Murray City Arts in the Park
Murray Arts in the Park provides a summer full of artistic entertainment. The evening subscription series opens in late May and runs through Labor Day in the Murray Park amphitheater. In addition, Murray City sponsors lunchtime concerts on Tuesdays, children's matinee concerts on Fridays, and family concerts Monday nights.
Draper Amphitheater presents a lineup of local favorites this summer:
- June 3: Clayton Productions - Now That's Entertainment
- June 7: Mark Ballas & Friends
- June 17: The Ticklin' Your Funny Bone and Keys Show
- June 21, 22, 24, 28, 29: Draper Arts Council Presents Damn Yankees
- July 6,8: Big Band Tribute
- July 22: Utah Symphony
- July 16: Andy Gross, Mind Boggling Show
- Aug. 12: Oldies Rock-n-Roll Show
- Aug. 16, 17, 19, 23, 24, 26: Draper Arts Council Presents Broadway Kidz 16
- Sept. 16: The 5 Browns
Enjoy hour-long concerts by popular local music groups at Brigham Young Historic Park throughout June, July, and August. All ages are welcome. Limited seating is provided; blankets and lawn chairs are allowed.
In case of inclement weather, the concert will be moved indoors to the Assembly Hall on Temple Square. For concert updates, the information hotline is 801-240-3323
Tuesdays and Fridays, June 4-Aug. 31, 2013
June and July concerts at 8 p.m.
August concerts at 7:30 p.m.
State St. and 2nd Ave.
USANA Amphitheater brings in top country and rock acts for summer concerts under the stars.
June 4-Sept. 20, 2013
5150 S. 6055 W.
West Valley City
Ticket prices vary.
- June 4: Alice Cooper & Marilyn Manson
- June 14: Tim McGraw
- June 20: Barenaked Ladies
- July 3: Free the People 2013
- July 6: Glenn Beck's Man in the Moon
- July 18: Kenney Chesney
- July 30: 311
- August 1: Americanarama Festival of Music
- August 2: Brad Paisley
- August 10: Alan Jackson
- August 17: Dave Matthews Band
- Sept. 2: Rockstar Energy Drink UPROAR Festival
- Sept. 20: Luke Bryan
Sandy Amphitheater's summer lineup includes a mix of touring acts and local favorites.
1245 E. 9400 S.
Ticket prices vary; some events free.
- June 7: Ryan Shupe & The RubberBand
- June 8: King Niko and Hang Time
- June 15: Rhonda Vincent
- June 21: Rockapella
- June 26: American West Symphony and Chorus (free)
- July 3: Pat Benatar and Nick Giraldo
- July 6: Arrival: The Music of ABBA
- July 9: Happy Together 2013
- July 12: Exile with Special Guest Juice Newton
- July 13: New Electric Sound and The North Valley
- July 18: Under the Sun Tour - Smash Mouth, Sugar Ray, Gin Blossoms, Vertical Horizon and Fastball
- July 20: Stayin' Alive
- July 23: Huey Lewis and the News
- July 26: Eclipse
- Aug. 9-17: Thoroughly Modern Millie
- Aug. 21: Sail Rock
- Aug. 24: Golden Sun and Polytype
- Aug. 28: International Folk Festival (free)
- Aug. 29: Chris Isaak
- Sept. 6: Rockin' the Decades With the Salamanders
- Sept. 7: The Souvenirs and the Hollering Pines
- Sept. 9: Charley Jenkins
- Sept. 11: Silent Movie
- Sept. 13: Creedence Clearwater Revisited
Local Utah cultural groups with diverse backgrounds provide a wonderful experience of music and dance from their heritage, while children enjoy crafts and activities associated with the cultures.
- June 10 - Native American Flute Circle
- June 17 - Best of Africa Cultural Group
- July 1 - Divya School of Dance (Bollywood)
- July 8 - Red Desert Ramblers
- July 22 - Salt Lake Scots
Members: Adults $10, Seniors and Military $8, Children 3-17 $6, Under 3 Free
$38 Special Rate for family of six (2 adults, 4 kids)
Deer Valley's Snow Park Amphitheater hosts concerts all summer long including the Utah Symphony/Utah Opera's Deer Valley Music Festival and the free Mountain Town Community Concert series.
- June 19: Sideshow Ramblers (free)
- June 26: Mary Beth Maziarz (free)
- June 29: Utah Symphony, 1812 Overture
- July 3: Holy Water Buffalo (free)
- July 4: Los Lobos, Los Lonely Boys, Alejandro Escovedo
- July 6: Utah Symphony, Take Me Home: The Music of John Denver
- July 10: Motherlode Canyon Band (free)
- July 12: Utah Symphony, Bravo Broadway: Wicked Divas
- July 13: Utah Symphony, Arturo Sandoval
- July 15: Bruce Hornsby & the Noisemakers, Railroad Earth
- July 17: Joy & Eric (free)
- July 19: Steve Martin and The Steep Canyon Rangers Featuring Edie Brickell with the Utah Symphony
- July 20: Indigo Girls with the Utah Symphony
- July 30: Natalie Maines
- Aug. 2: Utah Symphony, Bond and Beyond
- Aug. 3: Mandy Patinkin with the Utah Symphony
- Aug. 4: Darlene Love & Muscle Shoals Live
- Aug. 7: PATWA Reggae Band (free)
- Aug. 9: Utah Opera in the Open Air
- Aug. 10: Mormon Tabernacle Choir with the Utah Symphony
- Aug. 10: Utah Symphony, The Music of the Rolling Stones
- Aug. 14: Sophia Dion Band (free)
- Aug. 17: Lyle Lovett and His Large Band
- Aug. 21: Stonefed (free)
- Aug. 24: Jewel
- Aug. 28: Marinade (free)
- Aug. 31: OneRepublic and Churchill
Prices vary; some events free.